Education & Livelihood Promotion
“AN INVESTMENT IN KNOWLEDGE PAYS THE BEST INTEREST.”
AAKARSHAN SKILL DEVELOPMENT CENTRES
“Aakarshan” – the flagship programme of Spark Minda Foundation, is a skill development centre. The programme began its journey in 2013, this initiative provides quality education and skill to underprivileged children and youth with a special focus on the women community in rural India.
10 skill development centres across India.
Industrial Tailoring Centres
i. DIGITAL LITERACY & TALLY
Students get theoretical and practical training of basic computer.
Tally programme has been started in collaboration with NIIT Foundation. In this training, learners are professionally trained on Tally Fundamental, Manual Accounting, Computerized Accounting, Cost centre, Cost category, Inventory, GST and TDS. It also helps them to get source of employment.
INITIATED IN : 2013
TRAINERS : 06
LEARNERS : 3243*
This programme focuses on women empowerment through self-reliance and financial independence from which women can either start up something of their own or take- up a job just by learning basic cutting and tailoring for 6 months. A 3-month advanced cutting and tailoring course has been introduced after seeking the demand of the community.
INITIATED IN : 2014
TRAINERS : 03
iii. BEAUTY & WELLNESS
In 4-month Beauty & Wellness Training Programme, women are trained in basic and advanced make-up, hair styling, mehendi designing, machines usage, etc., so that they can take a step towards self-grooming along with becoming independent by taking up jobs in Beauty salons or opening their own salons.
INITIATED IN : 2015
TRAINERS : 04
LEARNERS : 610*
iv. SPOKEN ENGLISH
The main hurdle for the rural youth to connect with the mainstream is their lack of knowledge in english language. In order to overcome this hurdle, we have started a 6-month Spoken English Training Programme in Aakarshan Centres. This helps the children and the youth to learn it easily and effectively.
INITIATED IN : 2015
TRAINERS : 06
LEARNERS : 1983*
v. INDUSTRIAL TAILORING PROGRAMME
This programme intends to empower women through imparting them industrial skill set, which is needed in export and apparel houses. After training them for 45 days, job is provided to them. This programme runs in collaboration with Shahi Exports.
INITIATED IN : 2017
LOCATION : UTTAR PRADESH & HARYANA.
Learners' placed in
II. DUAL SYSTEM OF TRAINING PROGRAMME
- MOU with DTTE Government of NCT Delhi for the Dual System of Training Programme.
- Establishment of inter-relationship between industries and Industrial Training Institutes.
- The trainees are placed at our factories in Uttar Pradesh.
- This programme has been approved by The Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Government of India.
- It is in collaboration with the Government of NCT Delhi, ITI Nizamuddin and Wadhwani Foundation.
III. BUSINESS INTEGRATED PRISON PROGRAMME
- Public Private Partnership Model.
- First automotive manufacturing setup in Tihar, India.
- Focuses on Manufacturing, Wages, Training, Rehabilitation with the aim to reduce crime in society.
- Tihar Central Prison, Delhi – Male
- Established in September, 2014
- 15 Inmates Engaged
- Yerwada Central Prison, Pune – Male
- Established in October, 2014
- 50 Inmates Engaged
- Nagpur Central Prison, Nagpur – Male
- Established in September, 2016
- 25 Inmates Engaged
- Harsul Central Prison, Aurangabad – Female
- Established in November, 2016
- 13 Inmates Engaged
- Yerwada Central Prison, Pune – Female
- Established in August, 2018
- 24 Inmates Engaged